“I never said most of the things I said.”
Yogi Berra, Baseball player
Sometimes others put words in our mouths, or spread rumors about what we have done.
Write an essay convincing others whether gossip affects another person or not.
Be sure to –
● clearly state your thesis
● organize and develop your ideas effectively
● choose your words carefully
● edit your writing for grammar, mechanics, and spelling
Remember: Your essay is one minnow in the entire ocean. How are you going to make yours stand out?
HOOKS ARE YOUR CHANCE TO DO THAT!!
In this collection of files, you will have everything you will need to effectively teach persuasive writing for an entire
Table of Contents
● Writing YAG
● Persuasive Writing Rubric
● Hook Development
● Thesis Writing Practice
● Language Control Revision
● Peer Editing Strategy
● Persuasive Writing PPT–editable
● Thesis PPT– editable
● SMELF Poster
● Outline Poster
● Planning Document Poster
● Detail Booster Poster
● Sentence Variety Poster
● 12 STAAR EOC Formated Persuasive Prompts with scaffolded planning
● 26 Line Page